If you are in the market for some new products, you will want to check out our list of the 10 best midi lathes. We have rounded up some of the best products on the market, so you can find the perfect one for your needs. So take a look at our list and see what catches your eye!
10 Best Midi Lathe Listed:
Our 10 Best Midi Lathe Picks:
As we have already shared with you a list of the top midi lathe, you should be able to pick the right one for you pretty easily. However, if you are looking for detailed description of what each product does, read on as we go one by one in detail.
1. Laguna 12|16 Midi Lathe EVS
- Motor: 1 HP DC permanent magnet motor
- Controller: pulse width modulation (PWM)
- Electrical Requirements: 110V-1PH-60HZ
- Recommended breaker size: 110V – 15 amp
- Distance between centers 15. 5”
2. RIKON Power Tools VSR MIDI Lathe (RIK-70-150VSR)
- Powerful 1HP DC Motor provides ample power for all turning needs
- Electronic variable speed controls, wider range of operating speeds, digital RPM readout for forward and reverse rotation speeds.
- Pivoting belt cover for easy access when changing belt speeds
- Ball-bearing construction for smooth, precise spindle operation
3. JET JWL-1015VS, 10' x 15' Variable-Speed Wood Lathe (719110)
- COMPACT TURNING: 15-1/2" between centers
- IDEAL SPEED: Choose from three speed ranges (200-1,050/300-1,750/600-3,600)
- IMPROVED TENSIONING SYSTEM: Easier access to belts
- INCREASED RIGIDITY: Wider bed ways
- OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES: Expand your turning capability with a 21" Bed Extension (719101), Stand (719102A), and Stand Extension (719103A)
- RECOMMENDED FOR: Novice woodturners and folks with limited shop space
4. PSI Woodworking KWL-1018VS Turncrafter Commander 10'...
- KWL-1018VS replaces TCLC10VS. ETL Listed and certified by Intertek
- Powered by 3/4 hp Variable Speed high performance motor(110V) & an SBC microprocessor. Two belt positions: 500-2000 RPM & 1500-3600 RPM
- Headstock Thread 1" x 8tpi. Headstock/Tailstock Taper #2MT. Distance between Centers 18". Swing over Bed 10". Cast iron base
- Tailstock & Spindle Bore 3/8". Quill Travel 1-5/8". (24) indexing positions with spindle locking. Convenient built-in handles
- See Description below for all of the included parts
5. JET JWL-1640EVS, 16' x 40' Woodworking Lathe, 230V 3PH,...
- ADDED PROTECTION: Inverter is completely enclosed.
- SMOOTH MOVEMENT: Tailstock features ACME threads.
- CONVENIENCE: Leg-mounted tool holder, and easy-to-access digital readout (DRO).
- IDEAL SPEED: Infinitely variable speed from 40 to 3,200 RPM.
- MAXIMUM VERSATILITY: Sliding headstock.
6. JET JWL-1221VS, 12'x21' Variable-Speed Woodworking Lathe...
- CONVENIENT CONTROLS: Easy-to-reach controls and digital readout. Recommended Circuit Size (Amps)- 10
- OPTIMAL SPEED: Choose from three speed ranges (60-900/110-1,800/220-3,600)
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: Ratchet-style belt tension system (patent pending)
- HANDY STORAGE: Includes a tool storage caddy on each end of the machine
- ADDED SAFETY: Removable yellow On/Off safety key
- DIRECTIONAL CONTROL: Smooth transitions when changing from forward to reverse
7. Delta Industrial 46-460 12-1/2-Inch Variable-Speed Midi...
- Powerful 1 hp max, 1,725 rpm motor
- Large 12-1/2-inch swing capacity provides the largest capacity in its class. Drive spindle: 1 inch -8 RH TPI thread
- Electronic variable Speed with three-pulley speed ranges provide the required speeds needed to turn a project without changing belt position
- Forward and Reversing function allows the turner to achieve a superior finish. Sanding a turned piece with the grain causes the wood fibers to lay down and remain rough.
- Patented belt tensioning system for easy and quick speed changes and sets the belt at the correct tension every time for maximum power transfer and longer tool life
8. Delta 46-745 746 765 X 16 Variable Speed Wood Lathe...
- REPRINT of the manual listed in title
- This is NOT an original as originals are out of print, but we use the best scans available.
- Professionally printed in Black & White on Laser Printer using High Quality 22lb Paper.
- Plastic Comb Bound with clear plastic on front and back covers to help protect manual
- All manuals are in public domain or printed with permission.
- Misc (Publisher)
9. RIKON Power Tools 70-105 10' x 18' 1/2 hp Mini Lathe
- Rikon mini lathe: This Rikon mini lathe features a ½ motor that provides ample power for all turning needs. With a 10” swing and 18” between centers, this mini lathe also has a self ejecting tail stock and has easy access to speed change.
- Sturdy and Dedicated: Designed specifically at the request of pen turners who wanted a sturdy, dedicated machine for their craft. This scaled-down, basic mini lathe is made from cast iron, so vibration is not a factor, unlike other lathes made of aluminum.
- 5 speed ranger: This mini lathe has a 5 speed range that covers the bases for boring barrel holes, roughing out pen billets, turning to shape and finishing.
- Includes: This lathe includes a live center, tool rest, knock-out bar, and wrenches.
10. SHOP FOX W1704 1/3-Horsepower Benchtop Lathe
- Motor: 1/3 HP, 2 Amp, 110V, Single-phase, 60 Hz
- 12-inch distance between centers
- 8-inch swing over bed
- Cast iron construction and infinitely variable speed control
- Includes two tool rests
Best Midi Lathe Buyers Guide
Looking to buy a new product but not sure where to start? Check out our buying guide for the best tips and advice on what to look for when making your purchase. From features to price, we will help you figure out what is most important to you and make the process as easy as possible.
When it comes to selecting a product, the first thing you should consider is the brand. Some brands are more dependable than others, and some have just that wow factor present while some do not. You should research several brands and compare their ratings in order to come to a conclusion.
midi lathe Price
The next thing you should consider when choosing a product is the price. Although prices will vary between different products, some are more expensive than others. You need to determine which features matter most and if they are worth the extra money. For example, if you want a midi lathe, make sure it will serve the purpose perfectly without costing more than usual.
What is Included?
Some products come with additional items that can be useful, but some do not. You should make sure that the product you choose comes with everything it needs to be fully functional, such as batteries and chargers. Moreover, if some items are missing, you may need to go out and buy them separately. If you want all of the necessary components included in your purchase, read the list of materials carefully or ask around about what is included before making your choice.
When you are trying to determine the best product, it is important to read what customers have to say about it. Feedback can be helpful because it contains details that manufacturer websites or guides often leave out. Reading through customer ratings and reviews will allow you to get into their heads and learn how they really feel about their experience with the product.
If you are new to using a midi lathe, it is best to choose something simple and straightforward if possible. Complex products can be intimidating to use at first, however, they are often more advanced than some simpler devices.
If you do not want anything too difficult for the first time around, consider choosing a simple midi lathe.
Similarly, it is a good idea to choose a product that is durable. A high-quality midi lathe will be able to take a bit of wear and tear without breaking down or being damaged in any way. If you want something that can last for a long time with regular use, look into the materials used in the design process and consider their durability and sturdiness.
Make sure the product is ultimately what you are looking for and that its features are exactly what you need before you pay for it.
Ease of Use
Lastly, when selecting a midi lathe, you should consider how easy it is to use. A lot of people do not want to struggle with adjusting settings and understanding directions, so it is important for your product to be user-friendly. Ensure the features work properly and that they are easy to figure out on your own before buying.
Just because you are browsing through plenty of products does not mean you have to settle on the one that is just ok. There are many options, but they are all different. Make sure the product is ultimately what you are looking for and that its features are exactly what you need before you pay for it.
All midi lathes require some level of maintenance. However, the frequency is still something to think about before you purchase. If you are someone who can not be bothered to deal with these kinds of things, look into which products are low-maintenance or completely maintenance-free.
This is our list of what we believe are the most important factors that will help you find just the right product for yourself or someone else: Build quality, ease of use, longevity, warranty, price, and most important? Does the product provide value for money?
Last update on 2022-06-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API